The festive season is here, and nothing is quite synonymous with this time of the year other than family and delicious food. As we start with the festive preparations and mouth-watering feasts, some inspiration will come in handy – and what better place to go to than the entertainment platform, TikTok, where food trends begin and go viral online.
Going on the platform, the main food hashtag #FoodTok currently sits at over 11 billion global views – giving all certified foodies and novice cooks a great variation of cooking hacks and fun recipes to drool over. In Africa, #DecemberTreats has garnered over 3.4 million views, proving that food content is growing on the platform.
This has changed the narrative in Kenya as well, where local TikTok creators are on top of the game – making it easy for locals to recreate meals through several hashtags including #kenyanfood and #foodieske.
This December, the TikTok Community can look forward to celebrating food, friends & family with the #DecemberTreats hashtag. Local creator _aq9ine_ will be hosting a LIVE on 22 December at 11:00 (EAT) making tasty dishes in under 30 minutes.
Looking to make show-stopping festive meals that will not only surprise you but also impress your friends and family, then look no further. Make this year’s celebration magical by getting step by step simple recipes from the following popular TikTok accounts to help you create mouthwatering delights to make your Christmas sweet and stress-free.
Yes, it is easy to make your favourite dishes and simply enjoy a good time while at it. Simple Yemi takes you through easy to follow steps whether you are making breakfast, snacking or a perfectly roasted chicken for family occasions.
- – https://www.tiktok.com/@simpleyemi/video/7029919400648051969
- – https://www.tiktok.com/@simpleyemi/video/7035157974460976386
- – https://www.tiktok.com/@simpleyemi/video/7027339487931911425
- – https://www.tiktok.com/@simpleyemi/video/7033968555200744705
- – https://www.tiktok.com/@campusmama/video/6995016172517264641
- – https://www.tiktok.com/@campusmama/video/7034383150927072513
- – https://www.tiktok.com/@campusmama/video/7033458192885583105
- – https://www.tiktok.com/@campusmama/video/7029264868989521153
Because Happiness comes from within, this account run by a self-taught chef is for foodies with custom tastes and those seeking inspiration to be the best cooks this season. Check it out:
Let the food hunt begin. FoodstaKenya takes you on a food hunt mission and opens you to an array of some of Mombasa’s best dishes and places you will get the perfect mix of recipes at friendly prices.
- – https://www.tiktok.com/@foodstakenya/video/7032960904186694913
- – https://www.tiktok.com/@foodstakenya/video/7032218779425787137
- – https://www.tiktok.com/@foodstakenya/video/7030735141546888450
- – https://www.tiktok.com/@foodstakenya/video/7025910377154219265
Pikachakula brings you tasty local and international recipes. From budget to exquisite dishes there is something every day for everybody to enjoy. Here are some of their affordable delicacies:
- – https://www.tiktok.com/@pikachakula/video/7023709468626046209
- – https://www.tiktok.com/@pikachakula/video/7013273649977363714
- – https://www.tiktok.com/@pikachakula/video/7014146013048982785
- – https://www.tiktok.com/@pikachakula/video/7020333221615258881
Not too keen to cook this festive season? Below are some amazing recipes, barbecues, pizza, and top reviews of the best restaurants and food joints you can sample around Nairobi, please take a look at ‘dropsofcaramel’ videos here: