Every year hundreds of the world’s most promising innovations in the field of justice apply to the Innovating Justice Challenge. Do you want your justice startup to grow with our Justice Accelerator Programme? Then read on….
What is the Innovating Justice Challenge?
We are looking for the most promising startups in East Africa from Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Ethiopia and Burundi that aspire for everybody to have access to justice at work, at home, in the neighbourhood and in business.
Startups that empower people with break-through innovations to create better
– working conditions with their employer
– separation terms with their spouse
– protection against theft, fraud and violence
– arrangements about noise, damages and property access with their neighbour
– housing maintenance and rent conditions with their landlord
– agreements on ownership, registration and use of land
– contracts, fraud protection and compliance for their small business.
The Innovating Justice Challenge selects the most promising justice innovations for the HiiL Justice Accelerator programme. Between 15 March and 30 April 2021, justice startups can apply to the Challenge via www.hiil.org/innovating-justice-challenge <add link to page http://bit.ly/IJCEA2021>.
The HiiL Justice Accelerator
HiiL’s Justice Accelerator offers startups a four month programme that provides €10,000 non-equity seed funding, business development support (which includes training, coaching and mentorship), access to a global network, international exposure, and connections for further investment opportunities. At the annual Innovating Justice Forum, startups pitch to an international jury and compete for additional cash prizes: €20,000 (1st place), €10,000 (2nd place), and €5,000 (3rd place).